Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Forza Motorsport 3 Spec Racing Series

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**

Go down 
+10
flier129
pojopep
AcesHigh
dms67
CAgedranger45
dividedwefall21
krauos
Redman-Racer
DelayedPenalty
Capitol614
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Capitol614
Admin

Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Empty
PostSubject: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 pm

**Subject to Revision**

START DATE: Saturday, 11/14 !

**Same Time : 6PM western 9PM eastern!!**

Event Schedule and Format: The 2009 series will consist of 7 races held on a weekly basis.

Tracks:

-Road Atlanta
-Laguna Seca
-New York Chicane
-Sebring Cub
-Sedona Club
-Road America
-Sunset Infield

Qualifying: A 3 lap session will be used to narrow the field to 8. The top 8 qualifiers will proceed directly to the race.

Race Length: Spec Miata races will be approximately 20 to 25 minutes in duration based on a number of laps, + 1 lap for the pace lap.

Starts: Rolling starts will be determined by qualifying.
Rolling starts: At the start of the race, before the pace lap commences, racers will arrange in the order of qualifying results. The cars will then proceed to do a pace lap at 1/2 race speed to warm up tires. At a given point before the start finish line (Usually the last corner), the cars will bunch up and grid with 1,3,5,7 on the inside line, and 2,4,6,8 on the outside. The lead car will be considered the pace car. The cars will maintain a 50mph roll from the designated point to the start finish line. Once the lead car passes the start finish, He/She will accelerate. This will indicate a green flag and the racing is underway.

Competition Modifications: Specified in the Technical Specifications section of this forum.

Drivers' Championship Points: FMspecmiata will award Championship points and maintain the point standings to determine a Champion. Drivers must finish the race to earn championship points. Points will be awarded to finishers based on the following schedule: 1st, 60 pts.; 2nd, 55; 3rd, 50; 4th, 45; 5th, 40; 6th, 35; 7th, 30; 8th, 25. 9th - last will receive 20 points for competing in qualifying.

** Update 11/11 **

The time for the first event will be announced very shortly. Here is a breakdown of how this will all work.

- Make sure you have sent either DelayedPenalty or Capitol614 a Friend Request. You will receive a room invite when it is time for your qualifying session. We will call racers in order that they registered.

- DelayedPenalty and I will be running in the first qualifying groups and after that there will be 7 people racing and we will be monitoring the room and recording times.

- Once qualifying is finished, the top 7 drivers will recieve and invite by either DelayedPenalty or me, in which we shall be the pace car and organizer for the rolling starts, as well as moderate the race. The top 8th qualifier who does not get to run (thanks turn 10 for small rooms) will recieve points as if they finished 8th, and not the qualifying consolation points.

- If the top qualifier is willing to pace the race and organize the rolling start, we will make sure they have adequate knowledge of the rolling start process and make the final decision. They will be required to save the replay for revision.

- The race length will be determined by x amount of laps that equal 20 to 25 minutes plus one lap for grid.

- IF there are protests, be it cheating or blatantly aggressive driving (like coming full throttle t-boning), we will asses the replay and assign laptime penalties. If the times are enough to make a difference in position, the results will be adjusted accordingly.

- After the race has been held, feel free to do some more racing for fun, but results will be final.

ROOM SETUP
- In Game Voice - Please mute your mics during the race. Racers must be aware of their surroundings and not have to be told when you are on the inside of them. If you are not close enough for them to notice, back off and try to get a good run.

- Grid order- determined by rolling start

- Car restrictions, we will do our best to restrict the cars exactly to the technical specifications to prevent any cheating.

- Number of laps - equal to 25 minutes plus one lap

- Collisions - Always on

- Car Damage - Yet to be determined.

Last edited by Capitol614 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:34 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fmspecmiata.forumotion.com
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 pm

The race tonight, will this be week 1, or is this just for shits and giggles? I think we need definite dates and times before we go ahead with the series.
Back to top Go down
Capitol614
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Tonight is just for fun. I am just posting this to get feedback it can run nice and smooth.
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Good plan. I like everything I see. New York Chicane is going to be a bitch though!
Back to top Go down
Redman-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:45 pm

so is Road Atlanta the next track or have you ran week 1 yet?
Back to top Go down
krauos

krauos

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Not to be picky, but why not run the full version of sebring? Don't SM in real life run the full version?
Back to top Go down
dividedwefall21

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 pm

i agree, full sebring is the best. fave track, just sayin
Back to top Go down
Capitol614
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Sure. Sebring full is no problem. Road Atlanta will be the first. Once we get 16 ppl registered the starting date will be annoucned! All feedback is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
CAgedranger45

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:36 am

When will qualifying begin?
Back to top Go down
dms67

dms67

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Just wondering, I thought the races were going to be on sunday afternoon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.caughtyalookin.com
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 am

dms67 wrote:
Just wondering, I thought the races were going to be on sunday afternoon?

Saturdays at 6 pm PST (9 pm EST). Qualifying will begin at 9, with a 3 lap session. Grids will then be set by time and racing will begin.

Because we may have multiple rooms for qualifying/racing we will have to manually grid by doing a pace lap with a rolling start. Before we roll off for a half speed pace lap, drivers will get into the set qualifying order and then do a lap to warm tires and brakes. A 50 mph roll starting from a predetermined point, with green flag when the leader hits the start finish line.

We practiced some the other day and things worked out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
AcesHigh

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:44 am

I thought the races for Spec Miata were to be on Sunday with MX5 on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:01 am

AcesHigh wrote:
I thought the races for Spec Miata were to be on Sunday with MX5 on Saturday?

That was part of the original idea, but that was just for hotlaps until we got the series up and running.
Back to top Go down
pojopep

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 am

Alright, this sounds good. What is the next step as far as knowing what room to get into/invited to etc.?
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Capitol614 wrote:

- Once qualifying is finished, the top 7 drivers will recieve and invite by either DelayedPenalty or me, in which we shall be the pace car and organizer for the rolling starts, as well as moderate the race. The top 8th qualifier who does not get to run (thanks turn 10 for small rooms) will recieve points as if they finished 8th, and not the qualifying consolation points.

- If the top qualifier is willing to pace the race and organize the rolling start, we will make sure they have adequate knowledge of the rolling start process and make the final decision. They will be required to save the replay for revision.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to have the pole sitter be the room leader (if you or I are not in the top Cool, that way the top 8 can race, and you or I can be a spectator/monitor.
Back to top Go down
krauos

krauos

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

What about assists?

In my opinion the only ones allowed should be auto clutch and ABS(even though the real cars are not allowed ABS, braking threshold in the game is hard to get a feel for). Full damage should be on to re-inforce being careful around other cars.
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm

krauos wrote:
What about assists?

In my opinion the only ones allowed should be auto clutch and ABS(even though the real cars are not allowed ABS, braking threshold in the game is hard to get a feel for). Full damage should be on to re-inforce being careful around other cars.

I think we should leave it pretty much open to driver's choice. I don't think having assists on really gives any huge advantage when you're racing against other humans (against the computer it can). Traction control doesn't really come into play much with such little power, nor does stability control.

I say we run:

Autobrake - Off
ABS - On
Traction Control - Off
Stability Control - Off
Transmission - Drivers choice
Back to top Go down
Capitol614
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Thats true.
But When I talked to Nightfox in his series they handicap the faster drivers by reducing their PI. Here, I figure if someone is more comfortable driving with assists on there should be no problem, and it can tighten the competition. It is alot harder to get a really fast lap with assists on anyway.
I agree with Krauos that sim damage should be on, however the damage in forza is ridiculously sensitive. If i bump draft with someone by the end of the straight I can't even keep up because of front bumper damage. On top of that, not all the tracks we are running have pits.
Back to top Go down
CAgedranger45

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 am

What if we gifted to cars to one of you admin guys sometime before qualifying for like a tech inspection and you gift them back before the events start. I know people are messing with gear ratios. Another idea is that since so many people want in on this series, what if we have East and West divisions. Same track order and everything but the last race will be made up of the top 4 points leaders from each division.
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 am

CAgedranger45 wrote:
What if we gifted to cars to one of you admin guys sometime before qualifying for like a tech inspection and you gift them back before the events start. I know people are messing with gear ratios. Another idea is that since so many people want in on this series, what if we have East and West divisions. Same track order and everything but the last race will be made up of the top 4 points leaders from each division.

As long as your car is 295 PI we'll trust that you're running the allowed parts and nothing else. If we suspect that someone may be cheating, then we'll ask you to gift us your cars.

I actually had the same idea (sort of) as you, with the East - West thing. I thought about dividing racers up into divisions (I think we have enough for 5 rooms of 8 drivers) and then the winner (plus some wildcards) of each race goes on to the National SM race...
Back to top Go down
Capitol614
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 am

how can ppl mess with ratios with stock gearbox?
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:53 am

Capitol614 wrote:
how can ppl mess with ratios with stock gearbox?

You can't...or shouldn't be able to...can you PM me some names caged, if you know for sure they've messed with ratios.
Back to top Go down
flier129

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:03 pm

DelayedPenalty wrote:

As long as your car is 295 PI we'll trust that you're running the allowed parts and nothing else. If we suspect that someone may be cheating, then we'll ask you to gift us your cars.

Well when I was first making my SM car for this series and read over the "stock sway" part. Ended up with race sways and sport drive-shaft and D295. Noticed that there was no drive-shaft changes so I knew I messed up, switched back to stock lol. I'll gladly gift my car to an official to check :-P.

Just like real SM theres always these loop-holes :-\.
Back to top Go down
AcesHigh

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm wondering if we can do more than one session? I know it's a lot harder for some of us to make a Saturday race... just like in SCCA you can have race weekends all over the country that follow different schedules. Any chance we can have a race sat and sun? We can count on each other to report and confirm times, position ect. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Capitol614
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 pm

for this first series, being ten times bigger than we expected, it would be easier to follow the saturday only schedule so we can monitor it. If it works out really well, we may consider your suggestion for the future. We also can't dedicate our lives to running a video game series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**   Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spec Miata Series **Updated 11/13**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next