Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Forza Motorsport 3 Spec Racing Series

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to FMSpecMiata

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capitol614
Admin

Welcome to FMSpecMiata Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 pm

The Spec Miata and MX5 Cup classes are intended to provide the opportunity to compete in low cost, production-based cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition.

Racing Etiquette: (from racerchicks.com)

Drive smooth; the smoother you drive while holding to a good line, the faster you will be. Drive like you have an egg between your foot and the gas pedal. If you are lucky enough to follow a fast car, follow his line. His setup may be better than yours, but you will get a good idea as to WHERE on the track your car should be. That's another reason why it's sometimes best to ask to start at the back. You can see at first hand the way the fast cars maneuver in traffic. Again, this is assuming that the fastest cars start at the back.

Get good THEN get fast; try not to overdrive the car. If you get loose on exit, correct only once; overcorrecting can put you in the wall or another car. If you are assy this means you ARE overdriving the car. Work on your setup. And sometimes less gas means less spin and that means going faster. This is what the pros mean when they say that sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.

NEVER take out the leaders; they have worked hard to be in that position--sometimes it takes them years--and you do NOT want them mad at you. This means hold your line, don't mirror drive (oh, yes, we can tell) and don't race the car behind you. The absolutely worst thing you can do is take out the leader when you are being lapped. Actually, never take ANYONE out. Blocking, checkerboarding, turning your wheels into someone else and mirror driving are NOT racing.

Try to keep your temper. When the adrenalin is flowing, this may be hard. Work on it. Just because someone bumped you, it doesn't mean it was on purpose. Unless it is repetitive, assume it was unintentional or even partly your fault.

Everyone makes mistakes, even the old pros, so learn to forgive yourself. And for Pete's sake--learn how to apologize. "I'm sorry. I screwed up," goes a long way to smoothing ruffled feathers, especially if you show you learned from your mistake and you DON'T DO IT AGAIN. Also, if someone apologizes to you, accept it graciously. Maybe they really DIDN'T mean to hit you!

Most of all, Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
https://fmspecmiata.forumotion.com
Shentar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:46 am

I've never heard the term "mirror driving". I assume its continuously blocking someone who is trying to pass?
Back to top Go down
DelayedPenalty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Shentar wrote:
I've never heard the term "mirror driving". I assume its continuously blocking someone who is trying to pass?

Precisely. Focusing more on keeping the car behind you behind you, than driving to catch the car in front of you.
Back to top Go down
dividedwefall21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 pm

this is perfect, just like racing should be in forza. im glad i found a group of serious racers rather than a bunch of little kids cutting every corner or slamming in the back of u @70mph cause they dont know how to slow down for a turn. MAKE SURE SOMEONE SAVES THE 6 OCLOCK RACE REPLAY SO I CAN WATCH IT WHEN I GET HOME Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shentar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:40 pm

DelayedPenalty wrote:

Precisely. Focusing more on keeping the car behind you behind you, than driving to catch the car in front of you.

Gotcha. good name for it. I always go by the rule that you can make one block and you have to stick to that line through that section of track. If after you block, they change line and can get around you, you let em go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to FMSpecMiata   Welcome to FMSpecMiata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to FMSpecMiata
Page 1 of 1